The only way that I love broccoli is with cheese. In that respect, I am a total child, but I don’t care. This is a great easy way to make a potato bake with broccoli with loads of cheese.
- 4 potatoes
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Parboil the potatoes for about 30 minutes, then remove from the boil and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC.
- Cut the broccoli florets and place in the bottom of an oven proof dish.
- Melt the butter in a small pot.
- Mix in the flour and cook for a few minutes, cooking the flour and butter mixture.
- Slowly add the milk while mixing into the flour and butter mixture.
- Stir continuously until the sauce starts to thicken, then add the paprika and half the cheese.
- Slice the potato into chunky slices.
- Pour some of the sauce over the broccoli in the dish, then layer with a layer of potato slices, then a layer of sauce.
- Layer the potato and sauce and finish with a layer of sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 180ºC.