Who doesn’t love cinnamon rolls? It is completely one of my favourites. The trouble is that I often just don’t have the time (or inclination) to work at creating a dough and let it proof and i would love to just bomb it all in a bowl and off you go. I found this recipe, and it’s definitely a winner. It gives you just enough cinnamon sugar flavour without all the hard work.
- 2/3 cup (150g) butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups milk
Ingredients – Icing
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F/175 C. Line 18 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- Set out the butter and eggs for 30 minutes to allow to come to room temperature.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Stir together the brown sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter in a mixer on high for 30 seconds. Gradually add the granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes or until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture alternately with the milk into the egg mixture. Beat until just combined.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into the prepared cupcake liners. Sprinkle one teaspoon of the brown sugar over the batter. Top the brown sugar mixture in each cup with the remaining batter. Sprinkle the remaining brown sugar mixture over the batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack. Allow to cool completely.
- Mix the milk into the icing sugar a little at a time and then dollop or drizzle onto the cupcakes.
Original recipe source.