With all the hype around Crock pots I gave into peer pressure and got one. the only problem is that I’ve been trying to use all my own recipes but making them in the crock pot which has ended in disaster. So I have gone hunting for some excellent recipes to make the most of my new kitchen gadget. This is a simple tomato soup that should be really hard to mess up.
- 1 onion, chopped roughly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups (1 pint) chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli or chipotle sauce
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tin (400g) tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 kg ripe tomatos, cut in half
- salt and pepper, to taste
(Not quite a simple as chuck it all in and hope for the best, but close)
- Turn on slow cooker on high and preheat.
- Place onion and olive oil in a microwave safe dish and cook on high 2 minutes.
- Place all ingredients except ripe tomatoes into slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Add halved tomatoes and cover then cook on high for 2-3 hours or until tomatoes are soft.
- Puree soup in a blender and season with freshly cracked salt and pepper. If desired garnish with a dollop of sour cream and parsley
Original recipe source.