This is another one of my family favourites that was inspired and born in Pinterest. I can spend absolute days just pinning and searching and repinning and just while away my life. It is my go to for inspiration and to find recipes. This recipe comes via Pinterest from the Pioneer Woman.
- 12 whole New Potatoes (or Other Small Round Potatoes)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt To Taste (I used Sea Salt flakes)
- Black Pepper To Taste
- Rosemary (or Other Herbs Of Choice) To Taste
- Preheat your oven to 450ºF/230ºC.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in as many potatoes as you wish to make and cook them until they are fork-tender.
- On a sheet pan, generously drizzle olive oil. Place tender potatoes on the cookie sheet leaving plenty of room between each potato.
- With a potato masher, gently press down each potato until it slightly mashes, rotate the potato masher 90 degrees and mash again. Brush the tops of each crushed potato generously with more olive oil.
- Sprinkle potatoes with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and fresh chopped rosemary (or chives or thyme or whatever herb you have available.)
- Bake in a the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.