I got an ice cream machine! After a bit of a faff, I finally figured out how it works (you need to put the big bowl in the freezer overnight first) I decided to throw some stuff together to make frozen yoghurt. It’s not ice cream, but its a much healthier option.
- 500ml fat free plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon sweetener (I use a stevia based sweetener, it is miles ahead of any of the others)
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
Mix the ingredients together, then using a hand blender give it a few blitzes, but making sure there are still some bits and it is not completely smooth. Then follow the instructions on your ice cream machine and voilà!
- Gallery: 25 Crazy Ice Cream Trucks (complex.com)
- Christine Ohuruogu’s Olympic breakfast (guardian.co.uk)