I found this, the most perfect recipe for dark, rich chocolate buttercream. This is officially the only chocolate buttercream I will use from now on.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup Cocoa
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream butter until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency.
- Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla.
- Makes about 2 cups frosting.