In another on my series of healthy option muffins, I’ve created a variation using Oat Bran. These are really good because they come out much blonder and not as sweet as some others. They also feel more like a treat than a healthy option.
- 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the mixing in this recipe, I just used a spoon, rather than using an electric mixer or a blender. It’s really quick and easy.
- Preheat oven to 400°F / 180°C / 150°C Fan assisted ovens. Line 6 muffin cups with muffin papers.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients.
- Mix all the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, don’t over mix.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, dividing equally.
- Bake muffins until tops are golden brown and tester inserted into centre comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes.
- Wheat Germ and Banana Muffins (a healthy version of banana muffins) (irreverentbaker.wordpress.com)
- Wheat germ Apple Spice Muffins (irreverentbaker.wordpress.com)